The Sales Team Leader is responsible for implementing business strategy by driving commercial sales of products for their assigned industry, and managing and coaching a team of account managers. Major position responsibility is meetings business targets and implementation as well monitoring of sales objectives which are aligned with overall BASF Colors & Effects objectives and priorities.
Formula for Success: You Will...
- Expand the sales of pigments into coating in North America in accordance with the defined potential
- Be responsible for financial performance to achieve agreed-on targets regarding net sales, contribution margin, and fixed costs
- Lead, staff, motivate and coach sales team in North America, including management of virtual team. Decide on account manager territories and assignment of customers to account managers and/or distributors
- Establish team / individual targets aligned to the global and regional business strategy, including focus on market segments and target customers identified as strategic growth areas
- Develop, implement, and monitor account strategies and provide clear direction to the sales team
- Take full ownership of the North America growth opportunity pipeline and drive identification, pursuit and closure of growth opportunities to achieve business targets
- Interact with global industry management team and sales teams in other regions, in particular for coordination of global accounts
- Support the establishment of sustainable relationships with customer base and market influencers to understand customers' true needs, emotional, and strategic interests
- Be responsible for the sales process and coordination of interfaces to other departments/functions
- Provide periodic reporting of sales activities and competitive intelligence and supervise submission of all sales reporting
- Enable cross-business collaboration and synergies to maximize BASF value
Internal Number: 488198
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.