Field Technical Service Representative - Wentzville, MO
June 29, 2018
Field Technical Service Representative - Wentzville, MO-1800205 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens...
This position supports the daily operation of BASF products in Customer Automotive Assembly Plant by providing on-site technical and application knowledge. The role responds to customer requirements, enforces product quality/performance specification, and supports new product/application development. The Field Technical Service Representative will provide on-site expertise of product performance including color management, defect identification, and corrective action if necessary. S/he will develop and support customer relationships.
The role supports the efforts of a BASF sales/technical team to assure value to the customer for product technical support and problem investigation, analysis, and resolution. The position assures product performance meets or exceeds customer expectations, and supports business objectives to be our customer's supplier of choice.
The incumbent will demonstrate the technical and professional expertise to enhance BASF's reputation with the customer. S/he will integrate within the business and technical community to bring additional value to ECO coatings customers. The role controls key performance indicators within product service environments to drive problem resolution and product improvement initiatives critical to customer performance expectations.
Field Technical Service Representative II (1800205) – Missouri
Formula for Success: You Will...
· Provide on-site expertise of products, their application, and performance.
· Ensure production readiness and coordinate equipment repairs with Maintenance Department.
· Continuously inspect and evaluate painted units for defects (e.g., sags, thin paint, drips, craters) and for proper topcoat application.
· Identify defects, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
· Review daily film build data and adjust as necessary.
· Ensure accurate paint application spray parameters and records.
· Continuously interact with Customer Supervision and Management.
· Direct and interact with customer team members. Work closely with customer on quality and continuous improvement initiatives.
· Support the efforts of other members of the field service team.
· Maintain logbooks and distribute daily performance reports.
· Measure and chart appearance characteristics.
· Promote and maintain safe working conditions/housekeeping standards.
· Participate in the site service team safety program.
· Support customer and internal project schedule compliance.
· Identify and communicate the
Internal Number: 475057
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.