Senior Contractor Performance Engineer-1804754 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Senior Contractor Performance Engineer (1804754) – Geismar, LA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to manage contracts and service agreements for contractors at the site. Working with the major contract supervisor, you will provide oversight for the performance and continuous improvement of the services provided by contractor and service vendors. You will serve as the primary interface between BASF Corporation and assigned vendors. Additionally, you will review contract documents and drive the agreements and relationships to achieve greater value for BASF and provide technical expertise and consulting to the users of the services within BASF Corporation.
In this role, you will functionally report to the Site Turnaround and Construction Director.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education and professional experience in an industrial setting, you will own and communicate performance metrics and measurement processes for contractors at the site, including safety, quality, and productivity.
· Driving sound decision making, you will develop and implement strategies for awarding routine work to contractors for capital and maintenance work.
· Utilizing your robust analytical skills, you will manage rolling stock including scheduling, optimization and lease buy analyses.
· Your strong project management skills will be a valued asset as you manage contracts for industrial cleaning, comfort cooling, catalyst, and coating services and serve as the focal point for BASF users of assigned contract services. Additionally, you will act as project controls manager for embedded contracted planners and schedulers.
· Demonstrating your knowledge and experience in LEAN methodologies, you will lead continuous improvement activities and track performance, report on activities, and resolve problems, as well as identify opportunities for improvement.
· Successfully engaging outside of BASF, you will meet with contractors' and service vendors' management on a regular basis to review performance and investigate opportunities for improvement. Additionally, you will lead Tier 2 meetings for contractors and follow up on tier 1 escalations.
· Your strong business acumen will be essential as you ensure that site contractor estimating standards are up to date with accepted norms. You will be responsible for comparing actual performance to enable accurate cost forecasting and control.
· As you participate on a high-performance team engaged in development, management and coordination of site contractors, you will exhibit your entrepreneurial characteristics, as well as excellent communication and human relations skills.
· Your commitment to continuing education will allow you to stay current in technology advances in the engineering disciplines and the construction field.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
Primary Location: US-LA-Geismar
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FTN/G-Technical Site Services Geismar-63003275
Internal Number: 529199
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.